The poor quality of the Atlas oil filter element directly increases the burden of the oil filter, causing the oil filter to be blocked, and resulting in high temperatures in the equipment. The pressure difference before and after the intake air increases, and the work efficiency decreases. In the long run, the damage to the equipment and production work will be heavy.
The air compressor oil separator is the filter element that filters the oil in the air in the air compressor system. It is often called the oil and gas separator filter element. The normal operation of the oil separator affects whether the air produced by the air compressor system is pure and usable. The oil separator core should be replaced in time during the use of the air compressor, the general time is 3000-5000 hours, which should be adjusted according to the pros and cons of the use environment. I saw some users who use air compressor filter elements on the Internet asking what will happen if the air compressor oil separator is clogged.
- 1. The oil blockage will lead to poor separation efficiency of the oil and gas separator filter element
- 2. Increased oil consumption
- 3. The compressed air contains heavy oil, which affects the operation of the back-end purification equipment and the gas equipment cannot work normally;
- 4. The pressure resistance increases after the oil is blocked, which leads to the increase of the actual exhaust pressure of the unit and the increase of the energy consumption of the unit
We cannot underestimate the consequences caused by the clogging of the oil and gas separator filter element. If the problem occurs, it will cause more impact if it is not handled in time. In order to avoid this situation, we need to judge whether the air compressor oil separator core is clogged in time.
So how to judge whether the oil and gas separator is blocked? There are several judgment methods as below:
- 1. If the oil and gas separator is damaged or broken, the oil content in the compressed air will increase and the lubricating oil replenishment cycle will be shortened. In severe cases, all the lubricating oil will be taken away by the compressed air.
- 2. When the oil-air separator is blocked, the motor load will increase, the current will increase, and the oil pressure will increase. In severe cases, the thermal relay of the motor will be protected.
- 3. The pressure difference switch of the oil and gas separator will act when the pressure difference exceeds the set value of 0.11MPa, or when the internal setting time is zero, the control panel will show that the oil and gas separator is clogged, indicating that the oil and gas separator is clogged and should be arranged immediately Time to change. When the oil and gas separator is blocked, the above phenomena may not all appear. When any one of the phenomena occurs, analysis and judgment should be made based on the daily maintenance and repair records of the screw air compressor, and the problematic oil separation core should be replaced in time to avoid causing changes. Loudly.
The three filters of the air compressor are the three guards of the air compressor. For the normal operation of the air compressor, one of the three is indispensable.