The role of Sullair oil and gas separator: The oil and gas mixture enters the separation tank and hits the curved surface, the flow rate is greatly reduced, the flow direction is changed, and large oil droplets are formed. Because they are heavier, most of them fall into the bottom of the tank. The remaining small part of the oil is separated when it flows through the separation filter element and is deposited at the bottom of the filter element. Lead two oil return pipes from the bottom of the filter element to the compressor inlet; due to the pressure difference, the oil accumulated at the bottom of the separation filter element flows back to the compressor inlet.
Features of Sullair oil and air Separator
1. Rate of oil and gas separator
(1) Cartridge type replacement parts, simple and easy to operate;
(2) Two-stage separation is adopted to reduce the loss of lubricating fluid.
2. The upper cyclone structure, high pre-separation effect;
3. Low pressure drop, reduce energy consumption;
4. Humanized top-turning-European design.
Points to note for Sullair oil and gas separators:
1. The oil-gas separation core can only be replaced, not cleaned;
2. Do not peel off the gasket on the edge of the filter element flange, and do not remove the metal pressure nail on the gasket. The metal pressure nail serves as a grounding function, which can prevent fire in the separator due to static electricity;
3. The oil return pipe must be inserted into the bottom of the filter element to avoid affecting the oil return.
Replacement of Sullair oil and gas separator
Under normal circumstances, if the air filter and oil filter are properly maintained, the oil and gas separator filter element does not need to be replaced periodically. If the resistance of the oil-air separator is great, or the oil content of the exhaust gas increases suddenly, check the oil-air separator filter element and replace the filter element if necessary.
Replacement of the oil-air separator filter element If the supply air is obviously oily, and the oil return pipe filter, one-way valve, orifice, and vent valve diaphragm are in normal condition after inspection, then the oil-air separator filter element must be replaced.
Sullair Air Oil Separator Element Maintenance Specific steps
1. Remove all pipelines connected to the flat cover (oil return pipe, air supply pipe, etc.);
2. Remove the return pipe (stainless steel pipe) from the joint of the flat cover;
3. Remove the bolts and gaskets on the flat cover, and take out the flat cover (the small pressure valve remains in place);
4. Take out the filter element;
5. Clean the sealing surface between the flat cover and the cylinder, taking care not to let debris and dust fall into the cylinder;
6. Replace with a new filter element, and be careful not to remove the staples on the gasket;
7. Install the flat cover, tighten the bolts by hand, and then tighten the bolts crosswise in 4-5 steps. The tightening torque is 136N·m (100Lbs);
8. Reconnect all pipelines, and the stainless steel return pipe should extend to 1.5mm away from the bottom of the oil-air separator filter element to ensure smooth oil return;
9. Before turning on again, clean the return pipe filter, orifice and one-way valve;
10. After running again for 24 hours, tighten the bolts on the flat cover as required in step 7.
Contact CPMC today to expect Genuine Sullair parts with competitive prices!
Unlike those middle handlers who sell Sullair air compressors parts on Alibaba.com, Aliexpress, or Globalsources, eBay, Amazon, etc, Chengdu Pudding Mechatronic Co.CPMC has our own professional website.This helps save a big burden for overseas buyers, because third party platform like Alibaba or eBay, Amazon, Globalsources, etc charges high commission fee and system maintenance fee to their online agent. Here with CPMC, we are confident to offer 5-10% cheaper than any purchase on Alibaba.